Sony has released PlayStation App for iOS devices, allowing PlayStation 4 users to interact with their game consoles on the go, including the ability to chat with friends, buy games, spectate other users’ gameplay and more.
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home. With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
– See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
– Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
– Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
– Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
– Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
The app also allows users to view and comment on their friends’ gameplay videos and pictures, exchange messages between PS4, PlayStation 3 and PS Vita game consoles in a similar fashion to iMessage, see friends’ status updates, receive notifications of game invitations and the ability to control the PS4 much like Apple’s Remote app.
The PlayStation 4 launches Friday, November 15 in North America for $399.
PlayStation App is a free universal app available in the App Store. [Direct Link]